Thursday, September 3, 2009

Yesterday, after my hike up Mt. Battie, I decided to walk down the carriage road to the parking lot, and catch a ride back to town that way, rather than hike back down the somewhat intimidating trail. My feet, stuffed inside my hiking boots, were sore and pinched after the arduous hike. As I walked, I noticed a gentle stream beside the road, makings its way down the hill. It's murmurings and pleasant water noises soothed me. The sky was stellar and the sun warm and I was fantasizing about swimming in a cold pool of water. Finally, I got my towel out of my nap sack, placed it beside the stream and sat down. I untied my laces and pulled off my boots and socks, liberating my sore, hot feet. One by one, I slid them inside the slow-moving clear, cool water. It was the best part of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment